Yep, summer is over. I know. But, I couldn’t let my summer come to a close without informing all of you (because I know you were soooooo curious) if I actually completed my summer bucket list.
So let’s review.
1. Spend more time outside. Whether it is walking or just lounging on my porch with a good book. Which leads me to my next item.
Check! Spent a lot of time outside this summer. Actually, more than I usually do. Although, my skin tone and lack of tan would tell you otherwise.
2. Right now I am rereading the Great Gatsby. I never really liked it in high school and now that the movie with Leo is coming out, I want to give it another shot. This got me thinking about other classics I either never really liked or never read. So, I want to read Slaughterhouse Five, The Catcher in the Rye, and The Color Purple.
Mostly check. I read the Great Gatsby, Slaughterhouse Five, and The Color Purple. Cather in the Rye got pushed to the side due to the discovery of the amazing book, Gone Girl. If you are interested in my reviews of these books, just ask. I will tell you.
3. Hang out in real life with my blogging buddy, Stephie. Made a date to hang out with her and am really looking forward to checking that one off the list!
Check! We have actually hung out twice, soon to be three! We also text, email, and are kind of doing a sad version of the Friend Diet.
4. Make more friendship bracelets and then do a blog tutorial about it.
Not happening. I have dudes that read this blog. They are few, but they are there and I am sure none of them want to read about how to make a friendship bracelet. Plus it is really hard to write directions!
5. Make boozy popsicles.
Done and blogged about it to boot!
So, that is that. All that’s left now is to raise a glass of super awesome summer sunshine, in booze form, sit back, and kiss summer good bye.
Corvette Summer Cocktail
Author: Sarcastic Cooking
- For the Ginger-Lime Syrup:
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- Zest of 1 Lime
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1 Teaspoon Grated Ginger
- For The Cocktail:
- Ice Cubes
- Grapefruit Zest
- 3 Ounces Tequila
- ⅔ Cup Grapefruit Juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 Teaspoons Ginger Lime Simple Syrup
- To make the syrup:
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, sugar, zest, juice, and ginger and bring to a simmer.
- Shut the heat off.
- Strain and let cool.
- Store in a small air-tight container in the refrigerator.
- To make the cocktails:
- Place two cubes of ice and a piece of grapefruit zest in each glass.
- Pour in 1.5 ounces of tequila, ⅓ grapefruit juice, and a teaspoon of ginger-lime syrup into each glass.
- Stir and serve with a slice of lime for garnish.