Perfect party punch. There aren’t many other words that would describe this punch as… perfectly!
Also, my english teacher husband/editor is off doing football-y and manish things, so I am keeping it short to avoid many grammatical errors and spelling errors. PS If you see any errors, don’t tell me. Once Mike gets home I will have him fix them. What else is a husband for?
Anyway, back to the punch!
Make it ahead of time and then right before guests arrive add in the Prosecco. It is kind of like a lighter sangria with less fermenting time, which means you get to sample some a lot earlier!
- 2 Oranges/Clementines, thinly sliced
- 1 Lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 Lime, thinly sliced
- ⅓ Cup Pomegranate Seeds
- ½ Cup Simple Syrup (instructions on how to make a simple syrup are in the Gin Fizzy recipe)
- ½ Cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- ½ Cup Gin/Vodka
- ½ Orange Liquor
- 5 Dashes of Bitters
- 1 Bottle of Chilled Prosecco
- Ice Cubes
- In a large punch bowl, mix together simple syrup, lemon juice, gin/vodka, orange liquor, and bitters. Mix until syrup is incorporated.
- Add orange slices, lemon slices, lime slices, and pomegranate seeds. Mix and let sit in the refrigerator to chill for four to five hours.
- Right before serving, pour in Prosecco and add ice cubes.
I hope everybody has a safe and happy new year! See you in 2013!