If you have seen my Instagram feed lately, you know I am obsessed with this cookie recipe I am about to share. I got it from one of my favorite blogs, Minimalist Baker. The things that happen on that blog are like friggen magic! I love it.
Anyway, there are a lot of mornings in which even considering sitting down for a bowl of cereal are not an option, because either I wake up late and don’t want to mess with Andy’s sleep/wake schedule too much or I wake up to a kid screaming his head off and then it is go go go from there. I try to always eat breakfast. It is one of the things about me that annoys Mike.
Right when I wake up, my first thought is breakfast.
Well, after I check on Andy of course.
These cookies are so healthy that I have made them my breakfast, lunch, and snack on many occasions. There is no sugar, flour, or butter!!! That is why I can justify it to myself that this is a suitable breakfast when I am on the move.
Trust me, you are going to loooove this cookie recipe. OMG I forgot to mention the dough for the cookie even comes together in my small food processor.
5 Ingredient Vegan Gluten Free Cookies
Easy and healthy cookies made from oats, almond meal, banana, peanut butter, and dates!
Yields: 2 Dozen Cookies
- 1 Cup Pitted Dates, packed (soaked for 10 minutes in warm water and then drained)
- 1 Medium Sized Banana
- 2 Tablespoons All Natural Peanut Butter
- 3/4 Cup Almond Meal
- 3/4 Cup Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- Optional: Dairy free chocolate chips/chunks or dried fruit.
- Roughly chop the dates then add them to a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the banana and peanut butter to the processor. Mix until combined. Scrape down the sides as needed.
- Add the almond meal and oats to the food processor. Mix until a loose sticky dough starts to form.
- Transfer the dough to a mixing bowl. Mix in the chocolate chips or fruit if you are using it. Add a tablespoon or two more of almond flour so you can start to form the dough into cookies.
- Scoop tablespoon sized dollops of the dough out on to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You can put the cookies fairly close together since they don’t expand much while baking.
- Once all the dough is used up and the cookies are formed, transfer the cookie sheets to the fridge to chill for about a half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake the cookies for 15 minutes until just barely golden around the edges. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes
Recipe from Minimalist Baker.