I am so sad you guys! Christmas is over!
I have yet to take down decorations. I think I am in denial. I went to light my favorite Williams-Sonoma Evergreen scented candle only to discover it was at the end of the wick and wouldn’t light. I almost cried.
Mike goes back to work on Monday and so do I. I am not ready. It is back to reality. Calories count in real life and sleeping in until 10AM is not allowed anymore.
I am kind of holding on hope for a giant snow storm so that when Monday comes, I get one more day.
The past two days I have been back in the kitchen, cooking up recipes for the blog. I feel like I squandered all this free time over the past two weeks by snoozing on the couch and ordering take-out.
I whipped up this little gem for dinner yesterday. I swear if you know somebody who can sub in to my real life just for one day for me, I will make you guys lots more recipes like this!
- ½ Pound Whole Wheat Spaghetti Noodles
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Shallot, minced
- ¾ Cup Drained and Rinsed Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Drained and Rinsed Cannellini Beans
- ½ Cup Kale Pesto*
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta, cook for seven minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat for a minute or two. Add shallot and sauté until translucent. Add in sun-dried tomatoes, sauté for two minutes. Add beans and sauté for an additional two minutes.
- When the noodles are cooked, using tongs, transfer them directly to the skillet. Stir in kale pesto and reduce heat to low. Heat pesto coated spaghetti for a few minutes until warm. Remove from heat and serve.
*Kale pesto recipe from these roasted potatoes. There will be enough for these two recipes.