Slow cooker lemon garlic chicken sandwiches are made with 5 ingredients. Tart and garlic infused pulled chicken is perfect on a brioche bun along with some mozzarella cheese and fresh spinach.
Another year, another Halloween. Last year it was beautiful and warm. The kids made a killing on candy. The good stuff, not those garbage Tootsie Rolls. Just sayin’. Seriously though, why do people still buy those things?
This year it’s a dreary, rainy, possibly snowy 40 degrees. You can’t see it but believe me when I tell you I am rolling my eyes in an extreme fashion. Can I just stay home and pass out candy? Is anybody going to even go out in that weather? I mean aside from teenagers. I remember going out trick-or-treating through all kinds of weather in middle school.
This year I decided on slow cooker lemon garlic chicken sandwiches.
All you need for this recipe is boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 2 lemons, 5 garlic cloves, dry white wine, salt, and pepper. The result is a juicy, tart, suuuuper garlicky shredded chicken. It’s perfect on top of a toasty bun with fresh baby spinach for crunch and some shredded mozzarella cheese.
The cheese is totally not a must but it does serve as a sandwich glue to help keep the buns together.
I am hoping the trick-or-treat weather is better wherever you may be located. Even if it isn’t at least we have epic and easy shredded chicken sandwiches to enjoy.
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced and seeds removed
- FOR THE SANDWICHES: 10-12 brioche buns, shredded mozzarella cheese, & fresh baby spinach
- Add chicken breasts to the slow cooker. Top with lemon juice, lemon zest, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Pour white wine over the chicken and top with lemon slices.
- Cover with lid and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, remove the lemon slices, and shred the chicken.
- Serve chicken on toasted brioche buns with fresh baby spinach and a sprinkle of shredded mozzarella cheese.