Remember last week when I warned you that this was the month of soup and chili? I was not lying! This week holds both a chili and a soup recipe. Also, SPOILER ALERT, next week is looking to be kind of the same. You’ll thank me when that cold weather hits and all you have to do is pull a frozen Tupperware brick out of your freezer and plop it into a pot. [Read more…]
Guys. I think there is something wrong with me? Add it to the ever growing list, amiright?
While most normal people are all, “Ohhh it’s summer. I should go walking and work out more and eat right because of swimsuit season.” I am all “IT’S VACATION FROM EVERYTHING INCLUDING EATING HEALTHY!!!! Bring on the nachos, gelato, and adult bevvies!”
Yep. But, you know what? It is not my fault. [Read more…]
Today’s guest post is by Ashleigh for Being Cheap is Easy. I first came across Ashleigh in Instagram. We chatted each other up through a few comments here and there and then started talking on Twitter. I loved her candor and fun personality. On her blog Ashleigh shares easy and inexpensive recipes for great weeknight meals along with money saving tips. As a new mom, I definitely heed Ashleigh, a veteran mom’s, advice.
Mike and I have been doing a lot of take out food lately but this recipe is so easy, I really have no excuse not to make it over the weekend. Please enjoy this post and definitely go check out her blog! [Read more…]
Meatless Mondays, that’s a trendy thing right now, right? It has its own hashtag on twitter and everything so you know it must be popular. Hashtags, ugh, I just don’t get them. I kind of was at a loss when my mom asked me to explain what it was. It was definitely a point in my life in which I officially felt old. [Read more…]
So, back when I celebrated my one year anniversary of blogging (or as I called it, my blogiversary), I asked if there was anything in particular you guys would like to see more of on the blog. A lot of people asked for easy weeknight meals, along with healthy dinner ideas.
I hope I am making the masses happy with yesterday’s easy easy crockpot meal and this recipe I have for you today.
This recipe is a one pot meal. It is gluten free and has all my favorite flavors from breakfast all held together with a few scrambled eggs.
I really hope that you try this one pot meal this week and then report back and let me know how you liked it. I have more of these one pot meals planned for the future, so I hope this is something a lot of you are into. I know it makes my dishwasher-less clean-up a breeze!
- 4 Slices Bacon, cut into thin strips width-wise
- 1 Sweet Potato, peeled and shredded
- 1 Clove Garlic, grated
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- 2 Cups Low-Sodium Vegetable/Chicken Stock
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Pepper
- Pinch of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 2 Green Onions, chopped
- In a large skillet, cook bacon strips over medium heat/high heat until crispy. Remove strips, leaving grease in the pan, and place strips on a paper towel to drain and cool.
- Add shredded sweet potato to the skillet. Reduce heat to medium and cook sweet potato until crisp and golden, about ten minutes. Remove crisp sweet potato and place off to the side for later.
- Reduce the heat to medium/low and add the garlic, sauté for one minute. Add in the stock and stir to distribute garlic. Add quinoa, cover with lid, and bring to a simmer. Simmer quinoa for twelve minutes.
- Remove lid, season quinoa with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes. With the heat on low, add back in the sweet potato and bacon. Create a little well in the center of the quinoa. Pour in the eggs. Let them sit for a few seconds and then stir to combine throughout the quinoa. Add in the green onions. Stir and then remove from heat. Serve right out of the skillet. A few dashes of hot sauce are totally necessary on top!