Chicken sheet pan quesadillas are so easy to make! They are filled with chicken, beans, cheese, and peppers. Feed the family all on one sheet pan.
This may be the easiest “recipe” I have ever posted.
It is barely a recipe.
In fact, it is more of directions for assembly.
I have been all about buying rotisserie chickens lately.
The bones go into a big pot filled with water, carrots, onion, and celery.
I basically make a bone/discard rotisserie chicken soup or stock.
It is my Mom’s chicken noodle soup recipe. Add in some shredded chicken and cooked egg noodles as needed.
That is about five different things to do with the chicken there…
The sixth thing you can do is make this really easy chicken sheet pan quesadilla.
Here is what you need:
- A Quarter Sheet Pan
- Large Flour Burrito Tortillas
- Spray Olive Oil
- Shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- Canned Refried Beans
- Jarred Mild Jalapeño Peppers (or Hot whatever you prefer)
The reason we need the quarter sheet pan is because the burrito tortillas cover it perfectly in one layer.
Feel free to use black beans instead or maybe dabble in some ground beef taco meat.
Skip the meat and add in bell peppers and pico de gallo!
It is up to you.
I find that the refried beans with the cheese keep everything in place within the quesadilla.
Spray the oil on the sheet pan.
Place the tortillas all around the pan with about half of each tortilla hanging over the edge.
Layer the beans and cheese and then the chicken and chopped jalapeño.
Cover with more cheese.
Fold each tortilla over to cover and tuck under any corners.
Spray more oil over the top.
Bake at 400 degrees F for 10-15 minutes.
Remove. Cover with another sheet pan. Carefully flip the quesadilla over on to the new pan.
Slide the quesadilla back on to the hot original sheet pan.
Bake for another 10-15 minutes until golden.
Cut the chicken sheet pan quesadilla into big square slices.
Serve with lots of guacamole, sour cream, pico de gallo, and hot sauce.
It is an easy week night meal and can be totally customized to what your family prefers.
I can also see this as an easy appetizer for a football game.
Taco Tuesday or quesadilla Tuesday just got a little easier on the dishwasher.
- 4 Large Flour Burrito Tortillas
- Olive Oil Spray
- quarter sheet pan, greased
- 1 1/2 cups canned refried beans
- 8 oz shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/3 cup chopped jarred jalapeño peppers
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a quarter sheet pan with olive oil spray. Set off to the side.
- Pop the tortillas in the microwave along with a damp paper towel for 30 seconds. This will make them more pliable.
- Arrange the tortillas over the sheet pan to cover the bottom of the pan with half of each tortilla over hanging the edge of the pan.
- Spread the refried beans in as even of a layer as you can. Top with half the cheese. Add the shredded chicken and jalapeño peppers. Cover with remaining cheese.
- Fold the tortillas in to the center, like you would fold the top of a cardboard box. Make sure the top of the ingredients is fully covered by the tortillas. Spray the top of the quesadilla with a light layer of spray olive oil.
- Bake the quesadilla for 10-15 minutes until the bottom turns golden. Remove from the oven. Carefully cover the pan with another sheet pan that is slightly larger. Use oven mitts and grip the pans together. Flip the pan with the quesadilla on to the new sheet pan. Then carefully slide the quesadilla back on to the hot quarter pan.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes until deeply golden and crisp.
- Let the quesadilla sit for 3-5 minutes before slicing into 6-8 pieces.
You can make this on a bigger sheet pan as well, just add more tortillas and filling to be sure to cover the pan fully.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.